1. Right now we’re trying to get ready for a short furlough, leaving here on June 25, with meetings in Ohio, Montana, and the Northwest. Home base will be Bethel Baptist Church, Kalispell, Montana. Getting ready means:
2. Getting the house at seminary ready for missionary/pastor Evanio, his wife, and two daughters. They will be taking our place at Berea Baptist Church. Getting the Volkswagen bus ready for Evanio to use in the church ministry, pull the engine next week and see where the oil leak is coming from. We put a l.6 liter, 100 hp engine in it a few months ago.
3. Suspending construction jobs for a few months. We got the four story church tower done except for plastering. Rick will finish the church electrical system while our crew is working at the seminary.
4. Suspending work on our F‐4000 truck. We had the block welded and Rick put new pistons in it, but the weld didn’t fix it. Now it is a project which will have to wait until our return from furlough.
5. Discipling our six newly baptized members. We hope to have one more baptism before leaving. Gayle has had the privilege of leading several children to the Lord in her Saturday Bible Club at church. Thank the Lord, one teenage boy who was straying is back in church and now wanting to serve the Lord!
6. Our website, rickgaylemclain.com now has a link to “Odenize’s blogspot” with more pictures of our church ministries.
7. One of our members, Alice (age 68), went to be with the Lord on Mother’s Day. How well we remember God opening her eyes a few months ago, and she understood for the first time that salvation is solely by God’s grace. We're grateful for the opportunity to give the family the gospel at the graveside service they invited us to provide. We have known them since our days in Concordia during the 1980’s and 90’s. They had moved up from South Brazil to start a sawmill when we came to start the church.
Your missionaries for Brazilian souls,
Rick and Gayle McLain